Jan 19, 2011

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO! YEAH!

In addition to inking I, ZOMBIE pages, I'm spending 
much of my birthday working on the cover to the 
MADMAN 20th ANNIVERSARY MONSTER!
Here are my pencils.  The background will be made 
up of images from the twenty different artists who 
are doing strips for the special.  This will be a HUGE 
book.  We may do two editions, one being 11 x 17 
(like the Wednesday Comics collection) including an 
essay by Adam McGovern on over twenty years of 
creator-owned characters and those who came before 
(with a corresponding art piece by Michel Fiffe and 
myself with many of those characters in one room) &
a new epic story from yours truly. And one which 
would also collect virtually every single Madman 
pin-up ever done.  I think that's close to 200 
artists by now.  So, a tall book, and a thick book.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't wait to see this special, exspecially in the 11x17 format! I LOVE the Wednesday comics collection and the Rockteer collection in this LARGE format.
    Happy Happy Birthday, Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pin-ups and a new story in a el gigantic format sounds like a sure-fire shelf destroyer. I'm for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-Hoo!! Oversized comics! Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete